Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello? My eyes are up here!

Remember that couple that recently got married?  They're back from their honeymoon and a couple nights ago my boyfriend and I went to their housewarming party.  We had more fun than I expected and I got to know the women there better as well. 

However, a minor annoying and kind of funny incident.  We met a friend of the bride, somebody who seemed to be a closeted gay.  I have no problems with people who may have different sexual orientations.  Still, I do get irritated when they blantantly stare at my breasts. 

We're talking about a grown man.  I'm having a conversation with him.  I look towards his eyes by unconscious nature and I'm struck by him looking down.  Repeatedly!!!

Via
Why 1865? I have no idea...



Afterwards I discussed it with my boyfriend and everybody noticed.  I know its the immature idiot's fault, but it still makes me feel embarrassed.  Should I have told him off?  My boyfriend and his buddies dubbed him fruity loops lol. 

Is it ok for men to look at breasts at all?  As a woman I do check out good looking men.  Nonetheless, I do it appropriately without them or anyone else noticing.  I also don't think this is a master skill that takes years to develop. 

Let’s say I walk down the street with a female friend and there’s a group of guys talking.  The instant we pass by there is an overpowering silence as the men goggle at us. 

It can be very uncomfortable. I find myself asking "Is there snot coming out of my nose?" or "Am I trailing toilet paper on my shoe?"


Via
So I started browsing the subject on the internet and I found a decent article advising men on how to check out a woman's cleavage without being an idiot and freaking her out.  It's titled How to Stare at a Girl's Cleavage from http://www.lovepanky.com/.  What I liked most about was their first and most important rule is: Stare when she's not looking.  My point exactly.  They also discuss the importance of not making women feel uncomfortable and acting like a psycho which I very much appreciated. 


On a side note...
I am reading: Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
I want to read: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I have to read: La chanson de Roland by Anonimous

1 comments:

Miss Lou said...

That article is funny! and the toilet paper on the shoe classic and hilarious!