Saturday, April 16, 2011

EVERY BOOK MUST GO!!

It's a sad day when a book store closes...
However, the EVERYTHING MUST GO SALE eases the pain.
Especially when every book is worth 2 bucks or less!!

So Borders at Carolina, Puerto Rico closes tomorrow and my mom and I were lucky enough to make it to their last day for some extreme bargains.

At first it seemed everything sucked, just a bunch of 2 dollar Sarah Palin books. But, looking closer we did get some decent finds.  Agatha Christie for one.  In my case I grabbed every novel with a decent plotline that had won or had been nominated for any book award.  We all read shitty books.  Why not take advantage and pay less than 2 dollars for them?

To sum it up: We got approximately 38 books for seventy something dollars. NICE!!!


Here's a nice pic of our new bargain books.  My plan was to squeeze in between them and get a nice pic for all of you but things got in the way.....
Things like Nicolas, my cat.  Probably should have named him Dennis the Menace!!

Look at him! Off to destroy anything that's stacked!!

Best pic I could come up with!

The first thing I grabbed to read was Happens Every Day by Isabel Gillies. 



In just a few hours I'm way past the 100 pages NOT because it's good.  It's actually pretty bad. Particularly the writing.  Gillies constantly makes these huge parenthesis explaining the back story of why she just said something.  That's pretty awful.

The book is a memoir.  The true story of how her english poetry professor husband left her for another english professor.  I don't know if she changed anybody's name but she's describing everybody in complete detail.  Specifically the Oberlin community in Ohio.

What I LOVE the most is that she has gotten the ULTIMATE REVENGE!!!  Gillies wrote a shitty book about what two literary professors did to her and it became a BESTSELLER!!!  Those a-holes must be dying and I'm here in PR...smiling. :)

0 comments: