Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's a simple law of physics

It's a simple law of physics.  On a sunny day, the shallower the water, the warmer it gets.  Like a huge clear puddle in a hidden corner of the beach.  I try to look at my ugly feet but there are too many distractions.  The necessary solitude has been diminished by a Sunday afternoon. I catch a glimpse.  The clear water reminds me of their potential of beauty.  But of course, it's not dawn on the coast of Isabela.

A new man is in my life.  We stretch our bodies in the warm water.  I really can't believe I live here.  Is it fair to have access to these sublime moments? We look at each other.  I suppose we're thinking the same thing...
Of course we are.  Sweet words are exchanged.  No kisses, there are children.

I don't compliment eyes.  It's so cliché.  But between our gazes something amazing has happened.  His eye, his left eye... Towards the sand it's green, its usual shade.  Not bad, I'll say. 
But towards the ocean, towards the sky, it's blue. 
The colors don't swirl.  The difference is heavily marked. I can almost see a diagonal line cut through his eye.  It's obviously an effect produced from light and shade.  A simple law of physics.  But I've never seen it before.  And I don't want to forget.

So today I went to the beach in Luquillo, east coast of Puerto Rico.  The piece I shared above is based on an experience that happened today! Romanticized, of course.



General scene at the beach @ Luquillo
 April 10, 2011



With my muse, apparently. :)
 April 10, 2011

READING IS SEXY!!!!

We all know it is.
I got the idea of posting cute pics of girls reading with the tagline (you guessed it) Reading is sexy!
By girls I mean myself. If anyone else would like to join feel free to send me the pics and I'll gladly post.
Here's my first attempt.  :S

Catching up on El cantar del Mío Cid 
April 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I were jogging along the shore when we found the adorable hidden part of the beach I describe above.  We didn't have the camera with us so sadly no pics were taken of the place.  However, next Saturday I'm planning another trip to Luquillo.  On April 16 I will attend the 6th annual Festival del Tinglar ( Leatherback turtle).  The species is endangered and it will also help el Corredor Ecológico del Noreste (Ecologic foundation of the North-East PR). Expect more info and pics.
The plan is to go to the beach in Luquillo afterwards. So maybe I will capture that special place on camera.
Lots of love, mua!

0 comments: