Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Live your Dream...

"There is nothing like a dream to create the future."
- Victor Hugo

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
- Anatole France

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain


I didn't write a post yesterday.  Today was also going in that direction.  I felt I haven't really done anything that interesting.  I've had a lot of work so I haven't read much either.  Before I convinced myself that I had done nothing, I realized how much I daydream.  I daydream so much I sometimes don't get work done.  Sometimes I get so spaced out people start snapping their fingers in my line of vision. (by the way, i hate that!) I've been accused of talking by myself... I know I laugh alone.  I remember moments.  Other times I'm so lost within myself I imagine situations.  Ask anyone, I'm a funny girl!

So today I've been daydreaming and organizing yet another list of courses I should take each semester until I graduate college.  It's been decided long ago that I will go to France in the summer of 2012.  I've also wanted to study abroad in France and recently went to a study abroad orientation.  I was planning on going during the academic year 2012-2013. 

Last night I asked my mom if I could go a full year. (Paris isin't cheap you know...)
She said: "We'll find the money. We'll make it work."
BINGO!!! I was soo psyched!!
Just a few minutes ago, I did the math.
Summer 2012 +academic year 2012-2013+ Summer 2013 (cause I'm not going back right away!)= 1year and a couple of months in EUROPE!!!!
Now tell me you wouldn't daydream excessively.

DREAMS <3
-France 2012-2013
-get accepted in La Sorbonne
-graduate with the best grades possible
-become independent
-become an English teacher
-write
-study in a good graduate school of education
-make a difference in education in Puerto Rico
-a family

"The dream was always running ahead of me. To catch up, to live for a moment in unison with it, that was the miracle."
- Anais Nin

Of course we always dream of the future. It's necessary, it's healthy.
However, we should never forget that even to a small degree, we are always LIVING THE DREAM.

DAILY DREAMS I BREATHE <3
-Love.
I've had some intense fights that have left me disappointed and sad with a few X-friends.  I was obliged to erase them from my life.  Not only that but third parties decided to erase me from theirs. You'd think I'd be describing a nightmare but no, it's still a dream.  It's a dream because I've learned who loves me.  Who deserves me.  The truth is I'm special.  I kid around a lot and get lost every once in a while but I am a GREAT friend.  Although the amount of truly close friends doesn't even add up to half the fingers on one hand, I know the one's I have our real; and that's a dream come true. 

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise"
-Unknown

My family.
They are not at all perfect.  But I admire their generosity, they're drive, and they're creativity.  They are the people who have always been there for me and always will be.  I'm truly blessed.

Romantic love.
Certainly this is a love you must learn to live without. I have.  I'm actually really good at it.
However (and all of you know this) it's not easy getting your heart broken constantly by immature people and inconvenient circumstances.
All of you ALSO know that when the right love finally comes your way you never expect it.  Maybe we unconsciously turn off the desperate vibe.  Sometimes I think its Gods way of playing with us. :)

God in my imagination:
 "Hmmmmm so you've gotten use to being alone...REALLY???  What do you think about THIS!!"

*Twirls his spirit fingers* BOOM POW SLAM!!!
Voila: GREAT LOVE...



Blue fire Jan 1, 2011


"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly."
-Rose Franken-

That silly couple Jan 1, 2011

Another dream I live...

I'm studying French, literature and education.  I'm studying what I want, my passion.  So many people are pressured into studying something they don't want for financial reasons.  Not to mention, all the people with no access to education.  (Something I hope to ameliorate)

I'm reviewing my post and it really could be a thanksgiving post (not my first intention).  I guess I write the same way life passes.  You have an idea of where you're headed but it's not until you look back that you see all the twists and turns...

"Caminante no hay camino,
se hace camino al andar"
-Antonio Machado

*Non Spanish speakers:
Wanderer, there is no way,
you make the way as you go.


via

0 comments: